Date(s) - 03/31/2020
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Community Conference Room
Categories No Categories
On December 20, 2019, President Trump signed the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act (SECURE Act). The SECURE Act, which is effective January 1, 2020, is the most impactful legislation affecting retirement accounts in decades. You must understand how the new law impacts both your IRA planning and your estate planning (that is, your Trust, Will and beneficiary designations).
Attorney Paul Bernstein will provide step-by-step guidance to teach you about the new law and how it will affect your retirement accounts and estate planning.
Questions that will be answered include:
- What are the biggest changes in how retirement accounts are treated after the new law?
- How does the SECURE Act affect my estate plan and what can I do about it now?
- What is the new Ten Year Stretch Rule and how does it affect me and my beneficiaries?
- Do I need to amend my current estate plan?
- What are the best new planning strategies for me and my family?
- What happens if I name my trust as the beneficiary of my IRA?
- Who should (and who should not!) convert to a ROTH IRA after the SECURE Act?
- How does the new law affect the required beginning date for required minimum distributions (RMDs)?
- When should I (and when should I not!) consider a spousal rollover?
- And much more . . .
We want our clients to have every opportunity to be the most informed on issues and subjects that affect their lives in a variety of ways. Therefore, at the Bernstein Law Group, we are providing workshops related to your legacy, your life. It is an expression of our commitment to offer exceptional services to you and your family. We welcome your suggestions for future programs.
Bookings are closed for this event.