Here at Bernstein Law Group, PC, we are following the news about Coronavirus and a second burst of the traditional flu that’s impacting people in our community.
While we don’t believe that anyone should panic, we do want to encourage anyone with older or immuno-compromised loved ones to be prepared.
The CDC is encouraging everyone to have extra food and supplies on hand, in the event of sudden closures or quarantines. Please take the time to check on any seniors or people in your life who are ill/disabled to see if they need help getting things together. Key items to gather include:
- Prescriptions and any over-the-counter medications
- Those with breathing problems should ensure that any devices they use (nebulizer, oxygen) are working properly and they have enough medication on hand to power any devices.
- A two-week supply of food
- Drinks with electrolytes in the event the flu or another illness is contracted
- Nutrition drinks such as Ensure for seniors
- Lysol, disinfecting agents, and anti-bacterial soap
- Extra toilet paper
- Pet food for at least two weeks
- Adult diapers, feminine products, and any other necessary supplies
Finally, it’s a wise idea to make copies of your loved one’s insurance cards and make sure that you can put your hands on any Powers of Attorney and Healthcare Proxies/HIPAA Authorizations that would allow you to legally communicate with doctors and make financial and medical decisions on your loved one’s behalf.
If you do not have these legal documents in place, please call the office and we’ll help you and your family get this taken care of as soon as possible.